Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Question on Shielding

(1/8) > >>

Quotensilence:
Can someone explain shielding to me a little bit. I'm not 100% sure what it is?

earthmuffin:
Some of the more experienced folk are probably going to chime in here and give a better explanation, but shielding is a magical (or psychological) technique for protecting yourself from unwanted energies from other people or things. Some people envision themselves as being encased in a bubble or white light or mirrors. It's more than just imagining though; I think it actually involves changing your own energy to make it impermeable. I've never been able to do this very effectively myself.

Quotensilence:
So is it all a mind thing? Just powerful thoughts? Or can you actually do spells that help with it?

PaganOne:
When I feel threatened or afraid, I breathe in deeply and exhale visualizing my breath forming a shield around me and my surroundings and expanding until I feel safe and calm. 

I also often draw huge protecting and banishing pentagrams (using my whole arm) in the four directions, beneath my feet and above my head.  I use my hands and arms and push the pentagrams away from me till they expand to encompass my home or even my neighborhood or however far I feel is needed.

For me, changing my energy involves changing my mind or attitude.  There are times, though, that a change of attitude is not enough.  I leave that for others with more experience in that area to explain.

Crystal Dragon:
Shielding is using energy (your own and energy around you) to add a layer (or multiple layers) of protection about the energetic body to to prevent or reduce the influences of energies you don't want to be impacted by.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version