Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Esbats

What's your Esbat tradition?

(1/3) > >>

Green Seeker:
I'm always curious to learn more about how my fellow Pagans incorporate their beliefs and practices into their lives.

What do you guys typically do for an Esbat ritual, if anything?

PS I'm also looking for some unique ideas to add to the usual blend of Esbat festivities.

earthmuffin:
I haven't done anything for over a year (other than acknowledging the moon) but was just wondering if I will feel up to doing a ritual tonight.

I used to do the whole ritual bath and full solitary Esbat ritual, always after others had gone to bed (I have small children) and as close to midnight as possible. But it often was too late and I would end up going to bed before I could do the ritual. I've been thinking about redoing my ritual format but have not really come to any firm plans yet about what I will change. If I do something tonight, I will probably just wing it. Previously I looked up each full moon's significance and the astrological forecast to help decide the focus of my Esbat ritual.

dragonspring:
I don't guess I really have a tradition per se for Esbat.  I used to do Solitary rituals on occasion but mostly, I would look at the Moon if I could and think about the particular Esbat giving thanks for the Lady's bounty and influence in my life.  I often do Tarot readings at the Full Moon for whatever issues I am facing - I did one yesterday in fact. 

Lately, I have been attending open circles whenever possible for Full Moon and I imagine I will continue to do so.  We do Red Tent Temple around the New Moon which is pretty cool too.

Green Seeker:

--- Quote from: dragonspring on September 12, 2011, 09:35:12 PM ---Lately, I have been attending open circles whenever possible for Full Moon and I imagine I will continue to do so.  We do Red Tent Temple around the New Moon which is pretty cool too.

--- End quote ---

Red Tent Temple? I've never heard that term before. Attending open circles is a really good idea, I'll have to look into that. On witchvox there hasn't been much listed in my area of Upstate NY though, and one inquiry I sent out a couple of months ago to a local group was never given a response. I'll have to check back periodically to see if something else becomes available.

My Esbat to celebrate the Harvest Moon was very simple. I sat outside and basked in the moonlight, letting the night songs of insects wash over me while enjoying a cup of warmed milk sweetened with honey. It won't be much longer before the nights are relatively silent in my area but for the wind through bare branches.

AmberRaven:
Well I run a coven so we do Esbats most months (sometimes people are sick and what not) but we usually always follow the particular theme of that moon. Sometimes tho other needs arise and we will do other things

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version