Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Forward?  (Read 7274 times)

thegeekwitch

• Apprentice
  • Mood: Melancholy
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan with Wiccan and Druidic Leanings
  • Terri
    • Geek Witch
Moving Forward?
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:58:10 AM »

I kind of feel like I've reached a standstill with my practice.  Number one is that I don't actually practice as much as I'd like (although I'm definitely doing more than I used to, by attending full moon and dark moon ceremonies).

I'm trying to find make time for my practice.  I also find it difficult when my husband is home (which is the majority of the time that I, too, am alone) as I don't like the distraction - it would be too easy for him to walk in and I'd lose all concentration.  From my experience with him in the last eight years, he also doesn't understand the concept of being left alone (he's a Cancerian through-and-through, family matters and he won't leave me to my own time, whereas I'm an Aquarian and STRIVE on being alone), therefore it's hard to turn to him, say "I'm having an hour / two hours / a day to myself now, see you in x amount of time".

I just feel a little bit 'in a rut' with my spirituality.  I'd like to develop my clairvoyance/psychic skills - I don't feel I have much at the moment, but I am a strong believer that everyone has a varying degree of skill in this area and it's just a matter of developing it, just like art or music - but again, I'm not sure where to start.

Anyone else been through a similar thing and could maybe offer some guidance?
Blessings,
Terri xx

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
Re: Moving Forward?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

Creating boundaries with anyone in our lives is incredibly important.  Sometimes that is even physical boundaries so we can carve out a little quite alone time for ourselves.  I had to get to the point where I was going up to our bedroom and locking the door so that Hubby wouldn't forget what I was doing and just walk in.  He has also started doing the same thing when he is at home working in his office.  It is too easy to just be in a routine and do something like go in to talk to someone when they are busy doing something else and can't be distracted. 
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

bluefire

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan
    • My Blogsite
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »

Just an idea that might work for you. Meditation is a practice that does not require a lot of time, is easy for others to understand, and may help to get you better in touch with your natural knowing.  You could explain to your husband that you want 20 minutes a day of uninterrupted time and start with that.
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”
Albert Einstein

WhitePhoenix

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »

I know all about that spiritual rut. It can be very frustrating. I agree with bluefire about meditating. It's simple, yet refreshing, and is good way to get back into a spiritual routine. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.