Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yard Sales  (Read 6026 times)

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Knowledge Seeker
  • Dream Chaser
Yard Sales
« on: May 21, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »

The weather has been much to rainy for yard sales and flea markets, but I love, love, love going to them! You can find some of the neatest things ever at yard sales and flea markets! Is anyone else here as addicted as I am?

Lately I've been sorting through piles and piles of stuff my husband and I have stored away in one of the spare bedrooms. I was thinking about what we should do to cut down on the clutter and now I'm wanting to have a yard sale as soon as the weather is nice and I have a day off work. We'll get rid of our old things that we don't want anymore, including a lot of my old clothes that I don't wear anymore because they don't fit.

Anyone have tips and tricks for boosting profits and sales? It will be really nice if we can get a little extra cash while getting rid of things we don't want anyway.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Thoreau

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
Re: Yard Sales
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:14:18 AM »

One tip I read was to have a friend or two bring their stuff over, and take what doesn't sell over to their place a week or two later and have another sale...
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Dream Chaser
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »

I've actually been considering that. One of my co-workers that lives down the road has been thinking about having a yard sale too, so maybe we could have one together.  :D

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »

Coordinating your sale with others in your area is a really good way to get more traffic.  We have a neighborhood sale every year, but would have a lot more traffic if we managed to have it on the same weekend that some of the other neighborhoods in the area have theirs.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »

In my experience sometimes you can get great sales during the week. Thats when I've had my best yard sales was like on a wed-thur

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Dream Chaser
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

Well I'll have to see how many of my co-workers that live nearby that I can round up and convince to have a communal yard sale. The day will just have to be when we can all get off and do it!   :whistle:

bluefire

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan
    • My Blogsite
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:26:34 PM »

Location, location, location.  Make easy to follow signs and invest in some helium balloons to mark the spot.

Good luck!
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”
Albert Einstein

VenusInFurs

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: eclectic pagan
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:13:29 AM »

I love them too!  I kind of miss yard sales....people don't have them here because I'm in the city, and no one has a yard unless you go way to the 'burbs and I don't have a car.  Because each one is different and you can get some awesome deals.  I go to flea markets all the time though.  On average they tend to be a bit more expensive, especially the good ones because they have a lot of professional dealers, but there are a few people that just rent a stall to get rid of extra junk. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.