Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this a calling?!  (Read 9406 times)

rosedragon

• Validating
Is this a calling?!
« on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

I'm fairly new to all of this, like today new. I think the reason why I am so intrested is because I think a goddess is calling out to me. I recently was searching for a religion that was perfect for me, I end up getting into Hinduism, but it didn't feel right with me, so I stopped getting into it. But the goddess Saraswati name have been literlaly been in my head for the past month now. Is this a calling? I feel like it is, but I want to make sure, I also feel a connection with Horus, his name recently started popping in my head also.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
Re: Is this a calling?!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »

I think we are called by various energies, it is wise to listen to your heart and follow where it leads. Sometimes there is simply a lesson you learn.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

I agree with vordan.  Sometimes, it is a calling and sometimes it is a lesson to learn.  In either case, it is always good to investigate and learn about Gods and Goddesses that seem to be talking to you.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »

I think in either case you will probably continue to get signs and meaningful synchronicities. If it is just a lesson, they stop after you get the point. If it is a calling, they will continue, and you'll probably get additional lessons. I think lessons are probably a big part of a calling... otherwise what would be the point?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

Taurendil

• Validating
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:00:57 AM »

I agree with vordan, dragonspring and earthmuffin. Anyway, a "simple" lesson or a calling are "equally" important and I think that it's up to you to understand in which case you are. Nobody could say to you if Saraswati or Horus are calling you now. And I think that isn't so important: the most important thing is that They are in your head constantly. Listen to Them and I'm sure that you will understand why They are in your head.  :rolleye:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.