Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daycare  (Read 6521 times)

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
Daycare
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:45:06 AM »

Why is it so expensive :brickwall:

The summer program at the school is almost 1000 for the summer.  for 1 kid payment in full!!!!!

Madison isn't eligable since she hasn't been to kindergarten yet! 

Oy.....before and after school care is 480 a month.  YIKES!  I did have a sitter for them, I was gonna pay 100 a week during the summer and 75 a week during school.  She was going to live with me and watch kids and clean the house.  well she got a job now, so I'm moving in less then 2 months and i'm struggling trying to find something I can afford for this summer!!

I can manage the before and after care somehow but i dont konw what to do about this summer :gaah:

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Knowledge Seeker
  • Dream Chaser
Re: Daycare
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »

:omg:

Are you for real? That's crazy! Kids are so expensive that most people...how to people afford children? I want a baby so bad, but the more I hear, the more I think we might sink financially if we did have a child.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Thoreau

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

Amber, check out some local, in home providers.  They are generally a lot less expensive than big name chain types of providers.  The laws in Missouri aren't as strict as they are in Kansas (can't even care for a relative's kids unless you are licensed) so you will have more options.  Check local papers or even signs posted around the neighborhood. 

Also look at what the Park Hill Education Center has to offer.  I know that they have some all day preschool classes, even over the summer, so that may help with Madison at least.  Last I checked, they also offered some summer school types of programs to school aged kids, even kids not in the district.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »

Well another friend of mine offered to watch them during the summer for 75 a week if its all 5 days.  Mike is off Monday and Tuesdays but he's trying to find a part time job on those days.  so it would be 50 a week if its 3 days.  Trick is, I would have to commute them to Independence.  But if it saves me almost 200 a month....I'd do it.  I really dont work but 8 miles from where she lives in independence so its not that terribly far out of my way.

Sigh......now I have another friend who said she can come over and get them on and off the bus because she works from 10-2 part time.  Said she would do it for 25 a week.  Since it would only be 45 minutes max since mike would be home before they got off the bus, unless there was traffic.

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »

I did not have good experiences with "in-home" care with my daughter.  I ended up moving my parents to Tennessee to care for my daughter and nephew.  It was cheaper for me to buy a mobile home and set it behind my house than paying for daycare...
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

bluefire

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan
    • My Blogsite
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »

**shudder**  I am so glad I am past the day care days.  I hope you find just the right solution for your kids and your pocketbook.   ()
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”
Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.