Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: witch's spirit outside the door... T-T (possibly evil)  (Read 8379 times)

rogue_magi

• Validating
witch's spirit outside the door... T-T (possibly evil)
« on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:40 AM »

allo. my name is Maggi (well.. that's what everyone calls me at least). this is my first time on this forum. i came here cause i have a problem that may or might have already been solved. im not sure if this is the best thread to post it in, but it kinda looks appropriate.

it begins with about about two hours ago. or maybe half an hour ago, im not even sure how much time has actually passed. it's well passed midnight and i was taking a walk around town and began to go on the local college campus because it's beautiful at night. i was walking up the stone fie escape of the fine arts building (it's the tallest building in the city and overlooks everything and my favorite place in the world) suddenly everything felt wrong three quarters of the way up. i have been around many spirits before, but to explain the feeling: it was if i had walked into the presence of a person that was moving silently all round me, hungrily whispering for me to run from them as if i were something between prey and plaything. i was leaving the buildings presence as calmly as i could, but as soon as i got to the foot of the stairs i felt her. and i could see her, but not with my two eyes.
she looked young. like she was younger than me (22) when she died; with matted, long, dirty-blond hair; and a lips that, although straight and lifeless, felt like a horrid smirk. i've see spirits often, but the odd part about this one is that i could clearly see her eyes looking straight into me. the were cold with red around the edges, irises faded blue, and pupils so dark it was like staring into the great void.
i forced myself to walk past her, because she was blocking the exit, and after i did i heard (or rather felt) her say, "why are you leaving (me)?" i couldnt help but stop and turn around to "look" at her. she was in the same place, just staring at me with that same expression. i motioned for her to leave me be and even mouthed the words, too paranoid that talking would only make her talk more. i quickly started back to my friends' house and she followed me the entire way. at first she just casually followed me. i saw her shadow walking beside me once or twice. it was like she found interest in me. some of the street lights were barely on early in the walk, and thats where i think i screwed up. i learned a long time ago how to use my spirit to make them light up for a while and i did it without thinking. after that i could feel her even worse. like she was so interested in me... she made one of the lights i turned on go out as i walked by it and made a whisper noise from this random empty baby carriage in the now shadowed yard to my left. the started hiding in the shadows and making noises that was like static in the darkness. as i got closer to my friends' house, the shivers got worse and worse. by the time i was at there door it was like i was in a bath of ice water. but as soon as i walked through the door, it was all over. my friends are priestess and high priest of their coven and have strong wards on their house. but i could still feel her outside. even as i finish this story, she's there.

sooo.... i know i can have a cleansing and/or ritual to have her be gone, but my question is, how long do powerful spirits usually follow an individual such as in my case? i say she is a witch because she was impressing herself in my head our entire "stroll" together, and i KNOW she was once alive and practiced magic. possibly over a century ago, but she couldnt sense time as we can. it was as if she saw me as a friend in some sick was and yet proceeded to try to scare me as much as she was aloud. maybe she was/is hoping i would confront her and ask her what she wants, but from what i got to know from her i dont want to be held to the contract of doing a task for her.
do you think she'll go away by morning or am i going to have to do something about this? thanks for your input and sorry for the drawn out explanation.

love,
maggi

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: witch's spirit outside the door... T-T (possibly evil)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »

I am by no means a spiritualist.  I have never actually contacted any entity who I would describe as a spirit.  A spiritualist once told me that I had a spirit attached to me and I was somewhat irritated when they immediately tried to lead the spirit into the light.  I felt like it was probably a guide and  I thought it was little presumptuous on their part to try to exercise my spirit without my permission.  Perhaps someone with more experience with dealing with spirits would provide a better answer to your query.  However, I do have a question and a comment.

First the question.  Why would asking a spirit what they want obligate you to a contracted task?  It seems to me that we are only honor bound to complete tasks that we have agreed to of our own free will.  I don't think that different rules would apply in other planes but I could be wrong.

Now for the comment.  If you have enough power to light street lights with your will, I'm sure you should be able to create a shield that would keep her from following you if you so desire.  So my answer to your question about how long she will follow you would be "as long as you allow her to do so". 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:34 PM »

It figures that even in death some of the strangest women like to hang around the fine arts building so it is most likely back there. lol From what you are saying you are pretty sensitive so you might as well look at it as a learning experience.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:52:21 PM by vordan »
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 04:56:06 AM »

Well I am an amateur Ghost Hunter and have a little more knowledge on spirits. More to the point on how to avoid honking them off and having them latch onto me in my studies of haunted places. So I have a few things to say that might help.

First of all, the first thing you should do is to learn how to shield. It is possible that this "thing" is latching onto you and feeding like a parasite. Shielding yourself cuts off the bonds to it (if there are any) and will help you isolate yourself from it.

Secondly, ignore it. Any interaction between you and it will keep it interested. Ignore it and it will eventually find someone more interesting to play with.

Thirdly, if you are still having problems with this entity then I would suggest going back to your friends house where they will be able to help you identify whatever it is, what (if any) attachment it has with you, can help you sever it, and if needed convince it to toddle off and leave you (and everyone else) alone. You have a HP and HPS at your disposal, they would be more able to help them since they will be able to be there with you if/when you encounter this thing again. From over the inter-webs, there is not much we can do other than make educated guesses based on what you describe.
“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »

Or since you've got a good Harry Potter thing going there- turning streetlights off and on, combined with baby carriage, right from the opening of the first movie- perhaps you could use Polyjuice potion to confuse it.

peace,
ES
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »

:rotflmao: ES, the same thought crossed my mind.

So, if your friends are HPS and HP of their coven, why didn't you ask them their advice while you were there?  :confused:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:24:59 PM by Ghost Wolf »
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

anubisa

• Journeyman
  • Mood: okay
  • Spiritual Path: Egyptian Wiccan
  • Egyptian Wiccan
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »

I would perform a smudging of your entire house and also cleanse yourself with a cleansing herb. Ask your personal deity or God/dess to protect you. Good luck hon!
Anubisa
One day you will face him and he will weigh your soul. Only then will you see yourself for what you truly are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.