Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream Vacations  (Read 7529 times)

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Knowledge Seeker
  • Dream Chaser
Dream Vacations
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »

Yeah, another share thread. Since I got such great responses to my thread about dream homes, I figured I'd share and ask another question.

What is your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would involve a tour of Europe, probably some backpacking, but most importantly would be visiting all the historical sites. If not all Europe, than at least Italy. The other would be a trip to Ireland. My grandfather was Irish and I'd love to see some of my own personal history in another country.

It doesn't matter if you've already gone or will never get to go. I know that I'll probably never get to go on my own dream vacation, and that is okay with me. My dream home is much more important, but I'd really love to hear what you all think would be a perfect vacation. I think these threads let us get to know each other a little more with every question, I might have to think of more questions later to ask.  :D
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Thoreau

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
Re: Dream Vacations
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

My dream vacation would start in Europe then end in Japan!  I would just love to travel the world!

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »

This is another one that's changed in the past 2 months. We had talked about going to Europe, all the places we wanted to go and things to check out, and now I can't imagine doing it without him. That may change, someday. Now I think I want to go to Hawaii. I've wanted to go for a while, but Dan wasn't interested. Ditto for a cruise, maybe one of those would be fun. Or a roadtrip. Maybe pack the car and take the dogs to California to visit my brother and his family, then leave the dogs with them while I go to Hawaii for a few days, then drive back. Maybe via Vegas or Zion or Bryce or the Grand Canyon or something.
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »

A tour of the British Isles! And  a road trip to visit all my friends here.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »

Can I have two dream vacations? :whistle: One would be to take the kids to Hawaii and teach them how to snorkel. Another would be to rent a villa somewhere in Italy with my mom and sister (and family) and explore our Italian roots.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »

I don't think I really have one.  Hubby and I tend to get around to the places we'd really like to see.  While I think it would be fun to go over to England and see some of the history there, the getting on a plane and flying over the ocean to get there kind of kills that for me.  I'll take a weekend with my heart sisters anytime.  :D
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

I love going to Miami and also to Cancun and will probably hit those locations again someday.  Probably as far a dream vacations go, the first I will really try for is a tour of the British Isles.  If I win the lottery, I'm going to do a nice long Eastern Mediterranean cruise.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »

I never really had dream vacations until my beloved took me on some, some I only realized were dreams vacations when I took them. Everyone should see Paris- there's else nothing like it, it does the soul good. I thought Venice overrated, but Florence... ahhhh... and if you're going to see Ireland, take the ferry from Liverpool, and you'll find out why they call it "The Emerald Isle"- you can see the green glow on the horizon long before you can see land.

peace,
ES
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons

PaganOne

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Atheist Pagan Witch
  • Reiki Master/Aromatherapist
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »

I've always dreamed of traveling through the Mediterranean.  I have fantasies of colorful markets selling exotic spices and bright colorful garments and foods I have never experienced.  I see myself standing under a brilliant white hot sun with a cool marble veranda beneath my bare feet, high above a rocky cliff with a calm, brilliant blue sea below.  Was this me in a past life?  *sigh*
True happiness is fidelity to a working purpose. ~ Hellen Keller

LadyOrchid

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Eccentric Pagan
    • Witch amid the Shamrock
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 03:51:50 AM »

The Maldives-absolute bliss and tranquility.
What you give is What you get returned

VenusInFurs

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: eclectic pagan
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »

Ohhhhh where to start?

I'd love to go back to Greece (I just got back lol), and next time see more.  I'd like to go on a shoulder season (May or September) for the heat but to avoid the tourists and crazy drivers, and rent a car and go up the coast and maybe back through the mountains (though those roads are fairly dangerous so I might want to bus it) then ditch the car in Athens and take ferries to some Islands, including Crete and Mycenae. 

I'd love to travel through Italy.  I haven't been, and I want to go everywhere.  I love cities so Rome, Florence, Milan and Bologna are must-sees, but I'd also love to travel through Tuscany and along the Amalfi coast. 

Spain/Portugal

The UK...rent a car, go through the countryside.

Road trip through the French countryside.

Stockholm 

Japan

Australia

Brazil

Argentina

That's all I've really thought of for now.

bluefire

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan
    • My Blogsite
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »

Tahaiti.  I went there years ago and would love to go back.  Paradise on earth.  Spend all day snorkeling.  Ahhhh......    :fishy:
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”
Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 26 queries.