Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Witchy or just plain good book recommendations  (Read 13143 times)

Sage M.

• Mood: Sleepy
  • Spiritual Path: Judeo-Christo-Pagan
  • I am the Mongoose: Tiny, Brave, Fierce!
Re: Witchy or just plain good book recommendations
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

I just recently got Grimorium Verum and wasn't sure of its credibility.  I just thought others would find it interesting; I personally found it interesting, although I admittedly know little about the person who wrote it.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »

I know there is not really any such thing as "Bad" knowledge.... but I SERIOUSLY fail to understand why most people, ESPECIALLY beginners, delving into demonology.  IF you actually manage to open something, you aren't likely to hold onto it for long.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Sage M.

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »

Sage was merely curious and found it interesting, and had no intention of trying anything in the book.  As was previously noted, I have a strict no-kill policy to my practice, which would exclude my participation in any of the rituals I found in this book, as they all require the sacrifice of a small goat for the purpose of turning its skin into parchment.  That being said, I personally do not approve of demon summoning because, according to those in my family who have been practitioners decades longer than I, it is hit or miss, very tricky, and can be dangerous even to the experienced practitioner.

I appreciate your letting me know that it was not a credible resource, even for historical purposes.  I was not cognizant of this information and am glad to know it, and will be more careful in the future. 

Please allow me to clarify as to why some are interested in demonology.  To be fair, demonology is just like any other interest; it is simply a matter of taste.  Being (in a nutshell) Christo-Pagan, Christian mythology (even the darker side of it) is very relevant to me, more so than other Pagans, if I may make the observation.

If other people here have no interest in demonology, then that is perfectly okay.  I simply added this book to my list of recommended reading material on the off chance that someone else might find it interesting.  I am going to guess that I was incorrect in this assumption and will refrain from adding books on demonology to this reading list in the future, if that is what is preferred.  I am deeply sorry to have offended anyone by making such an erroneous blunder.

Happy reading, and have a blessed and pleasant evening.  :)

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

I don't think you offended anyone, Sage. Thanks for posting it. I find old writing really interesting when my brain is up to trying to decipher the language.  :whistle:
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »

I wasn't offended at all and have actually been doing a bit of reading on Ceremonial Magick myself lately.  I think Bronwyn was expressing concern about inexperienced folks trying to summon demons which rarely has a good outcome. 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Sage M.

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »

Oh.  That is a good thing.  I was very worried.   :groovin:

I do my best in being courteous and considerate of the feelings of others.  :squeezes:  I am glad that I have not been rude.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, so I have to be careful of what I say and how I say it. 

:meditate3: Have a pleasant evening, everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.