Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Imbolc or Candlemas

How will you celebrate Imbolc?

(1/4) > >>

earthmuffin:
Just wondering if anyone has any plans? Please share here.

I REALLY would love to do something because all my pagan Sabbat celebrations fell by the wayside last year. Somehow I was either too sick, the people I planned to do something with were sick or it just fell through for one reason or another. I really missed not doing anything.

Imbolc always seems to sneak up on me. One year, maybe it was the first I was really celebrating the Sabbats, I had a candle-making party and lunch with my lady friends and I served some dishes appropriate to Imbolc. I can't remember exactly what we had now. Another year, I think I started seeds indoors. I'm not feeling too social these days so I am thinking I'd like to do something but maybe keep it to just the family. Maybe candle dipping with the kiddos and starting some seeds for the garden-- make it more about the kids. Yeah, I like that idea; I need some quality family time with my girls.

skullabyes:
Imbolc has evolved into my second favorite Sabbat.

I actually started over a week ago preparing. For me, this is a time of dedication and initiation. I focus on my personal rededication to my tradition. I write and pray. This is always a very happy time for me.
On the actual night of Imbolc, I will meet with another to share in some rededication rituals.

This is also a time when (in honor of Brigid) I reconsecrate my tools. I have found that through the years, I have accumulated soooo many tools and "stuff"... I love "stuff"...
But I must admit that much of it has gone unused. Put on a shelf, pretty to look at, but unused.
(Can anyone else relate to this?)
I have gathered this "stuff", piece by piece. My goal is to do a type of magickal "spring cleaning". I started getting reacquainted with them, honoring them for their intended purpose. I re-welcomed them into the family. Through a series of methods, I will "dust off", polish, cleanse... literally, and spiritually.
Once done, many will be set out on my windowsills at Imbolc and remain until after the full moon.
This has taken its own preparation. I have 12 windows in our bedroom, facing in three of the directions.
These windows must also be cleaned and polished, rubbed with a special oil (one of my concoctions).
And the "stuff" will be assigned a window corresponding with it's intended direction.
Let the blessing of the tools begin...
and I get a little jump on spring cleaning. 

BronwynWolf:
Spring Cleaning... seriously.

Followed by a rededication of my altar, and a meditation directed toward Brigit. And probably something like putting out thread snips for the birds, a suet block for my squirrel, and maybe a salt lick for the deer on the golf course.

skullabyes:
Not sure what you mean by "Spring cleaning... seriously!"...

Ghost Wolf:
Means she's going to do some serious Spring cleaning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version