Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Imbolc or Candlemas

How will you celebrate Imbolc?

<< < (4/4)

thegeekwitch:
It will be Lammas here downunder :)

We're having a celebratory weekend on the 10th-12th (people were too busy the weekend immediately following Lammas) where we'll be having ritual, a wand-making workshop, games, etc. Really looking forward to it :)

The Divine Mrs.H:

--- Quote ---Being the first year that I'll be really trying to celebrate the Sabbats I'm also wondering what to do for Imbolc
--- End quote ---

We're in the same boat because it's my first year, too. I was planning to do a "pre-spring cleaning" as well, but I was also wanting to do a sort of "initiation" for myself, seeing as how it's the beginning of my journey. However, I'm clueless as to how to do this, so any information or tips would be greatly appriciated.  :D

earthmuffin:
Tahlea, thanks for reminding us and Blessed Lammas to you! It's one of my favorite Sabbats.

BronwynWolf:

--- Quote from: The Divine Mrs.H on January 30, 2012, 09:25:20 AM ---
--- Quote ---Being the first year that I'll be really trying to celebrate the Sabbats I'm also wondering what to do for Imbolc
--- End quote ---

We're in the same boat because it's my first year, too. I was planning to do a "pre-spring cleaning" as well, but I was also wanting to do a sort of "initiation" for myself, seeing as how it's the beginning of my journey. However, I'm clueless as to how to do this, so any information or tips would be greatly appriciated.  :D

--- End quote ---

If I could find my Cunningham.... he has some good suggestions. If you can get a hold of his "Guide for the Solitary Practitioner", especially on such short notice, it's worth it.

earthmuffin:

--- Quote from: The Divine Mrs.H on January 30, 2012, 09:25:20 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I did a dedication of myself of sorts as my first ritual. That involved determining how I planned to do rituals first (when and where to hold the ritual, how to cast a circle, candles, etc...). During the ritual, I made a personal statement aloud that I was dedicating myself to this path, had some quiet time for meditation and basking in the moon's shine, and then concluded the ritual. That's kind of basic-- you could get a lot more creative if you wanted. Have you read any of the 101 information on circle casting? It might help you decide the elements of ritual you wish to use. You could also start a list of your goals in following this path. Just some ideas... I think whatever you choose to do the important thing is that is personal and meaningful to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version