Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Imbolc or Candlemas

How will you celebrate Imbolc?

<< < (2/4) > >>

earthmuffin:
Skull, I really like your spring cleaning and rededication of the tools idea. And yes, I totally relate to having many unused pieces that need a good cleansing. I'm thinking now perhaps I should undertake something similar with all my stones who have been a bit neglected lately. They are probably getting unhappy with me!

vordan:
A simple ritual and an intiation for a member of my little group, it is a good time to celebrate beginnings. Actually I am looking forward to this for the person being intiated attended as a guest only because of his wife's involvement but eventually came to appreciate the nature oriented pantheistic philosophy of our group and it's emphasis on self developement. He had to become sincere about his path before we let him actually join. They are a beautiful couple they have been in love for many years having met in highschool and now being older having raised their children together.  Our normal ritual for this holiday over the years involves discussing any signs of dormant life that we see in winter and lighting candles.

Tirya:
I'm really liking this thread. I don't know that I've ever done much to celebrate Imbolc - it never really "clicked" with me the way some of the others have, and even less so since I moved to a place with little to no snow. But this thread has pinged something that I need to explore, and I appreciate it!

FairyQueen:
Being the first year that I'll be really trying to celebrate the Sabbats I'm also wondering what to do for Imbolc. It doesn't really work for me the way it works for others (I think Fox just said that..) Anyway I was thinking about doing a pancake dinner and reflection of...something that needs reflecting on :/

Yeah, aside from the food I have no idea. 

BronwynWolf:

--- Quote from: skullabyes on January 27, 2012, 06:51:21 AM ---Not sure what you mean by "Spring cleaning... seriously!"...

--- End quote ---

Not everyone would get the signifigance of totally cleaning the house before Imbloc, which is why the "seriously"..as in, that is exactly what I am doing. Actually, that starts tomorrow with the Kidling's room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version