Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

Starting Shadow Work?

(1/4) > >>

thegeekwitch:
Hi lovelies

So I have been intrigued by shadow work but having never really delved into it before (I guess I have but in less metaphysical or spiritual ways), I'm wondering how to begin? Any tips?

earthmuffin:
I always seem to start endeavors like this by reading.  :rolleye:  Two books I have liked along those lines are Dark Moon Mysteries by Timothy Roderick and In the Shadow of 13 Moons by Kimberly Sherman Cook. I also liked a shamanic exercise of gazing into a mirror in the dark to see the shadow self. I don't know if this is described anywhere but it was a technique I learned when I took a class on shamanism. I'll see if I can find reference to it online.

DragonsFriend:
You could begin by recognizing your fears and then work to overcome them. Once your fears are gone then you can work on personality traits that need to be improved followed by clearing your mind/memory of self doubt.

thegeekwitch:

--- Quote from: DragonsFriend on February 01, 2016, 01:00:42 PM ---You could begin by recognizing your fears and then work to overcome them. Once your fears are gone then you can work on personality traits that need to be improved followed by clearing your mind/memory of self doubt.

--- End quote ---

How do you do that, though? How do you recognise your fears? Do you meditate on it, do you just make note during the day about them, other?  I'm talking about going right back, stripped back to the very beginning.

DragonsFriend:
Knowing yourself is best done by pushing yourself to do what is uncomfortable. Why is it uncomfortable? Your fear will keep you from doing something or make it harder to do.
Here is a way to get to know yourself better:
Write a paper on who, what, when, where, why and how you are. This should be viewed from the absolute or "god" perspective as seen through your eyes. Ponder each question and use it to understand yourself honestly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version