Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: soul mates?  (Read 9177 times)

FairyMom

soul mates?
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »

How can one tell the difference between A soul mate and someone you were connected with in a past life?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:38:59 PM by FairyMom »

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: soul mates?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:11 PM »

I will start with the easier of the two options - people that we were connected to in past lives.  I think having a positive connection to someone in a past life makes a person feel like I have been friends/siblings/etc. for a long time even when we just met.  A negative connection might create an instant dislike or distrust.  Of course, this could also be related to the persons energy signature if one is sensitive to such things.

In my experience, a soul mate is much more visceral and spiritual.  Some classical thought on the subject describes soul mates as "Twin Flames" which is a single soul split in two upon incarnation or two souls destined to work together through the ages along a path of spiritual enlightenment.  the  When soul mates come together, it feels like becoming complete.  They will have traits and gifts that are complementary or help balance those of their partner.  Both people become more than the sum of their parts and will experience spiritual growth as a result.  Even though the two individuals may be very different in temperament and abilities, the relationship is usually harmonious.  Some people believe that the union of soul mates can provide healing to the community at large - sort of a projection of love outward if that makes any sense.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

FairyMom

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

I understand....so then, knowing the difference, what about a person who you have some sort of psychic connection with.  Even miles apart. For example.... if this person falls into trouble, and the other gets a feeling right away and knows this person is in trouble.  Or maybe one person receives signs pertaining to the other. One claims that the other is their soul mate, but that other person isn't fully convinced. 

I guess my question is, do only soul mates have this psychic connection linked to emotions?

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »

My view of soul mates is that they do not necessarily have to be romantic partners but I might be in the minority.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

FairyMom

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »

I see what you mean Earth muffin, as in maybe 2 people may be meant to carry out a certain purpose together?

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:10:32 PM »

Sure or to learn from one another in a deep, spiritual way.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:34:34 AM »

I  agree that soul mates are not necessarily romantic partners in every incarnation.  I was speaking from my own experience in this lifetime.  I guess I got a little carried away...  :whistle:
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

FairyMom

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

Dragonspring, have you ever experienced the psychic/telepathic connection ?

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »

Yes, the connection is very strong and deep with my mate.  On the other hand, I am somewhat sensitive and have picked up on several people I am close to - even across distances.
Blessings,
dragon

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.