Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheel of Life  (Read 8044 times)

bluefire

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan
    • My Blogsite
Wheel of Life
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:51:05 AM »

Hello. I haven't posted here for quite a while. I have been thinking about spiritual cycles lately and would love to hear some others' ideas.

In my belief, balance is both the journey and the goal of a spiritual life. Day turns to night, which turns to day again. The moon wanes and waxes. The wheel of the year is constantly turning. All these energies create balance. It is the motion that holds us all together. In my practice, I am ever aware of the turn of the wheels. I do my best to experience each phase and flow with the natural energies.

It is pretty easy to notice day vs. night, full moon vs. dark phase, summer vs. winter. I also think there are bigger wheels that are harder to track.  Just as our lives have a daily, monthly, and annual flow, they also have a larger flow of maybe 8 year cycles.

So, question to you all: Does anyone else notice these larger cycles of times of dark and light, stillness and action, struggle and flow? I would love to hear your thoughts on this larger, less easily identifiable wheel.
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.”
Albert Einstein

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: Wheel of Life
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »

Not very long ago, I reread my journals which I started keeping in my early thirties.  I definitely see cycles in my own life.  In my own experience, there have been several "rebirths" where I am recreated and transformed.  I can clearly see the Maiden, Mother, and Crone manifestations - in both the mundane and spiritual matters.  Also, I have noted a series of ups and downs, but I am not sure that the cycle time is repeatable like a year. 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 26 queries.