Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Runners?  (Read 8359 times)

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Unitarian Universalist Pagan Witch
Any Runners?
« on: August 05, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »

So I've recently started runnin/jogging. I started a week from this last Saturday doing a 20 minute mile and have been able to shave 3 minutes off my mile with nearly each day I've run (20 min on Saturday, 17 on Monday, 17 on Wednesday, 14 on Friday). I didn't time on Sunday because I was on vacation and my track changed from high school track to very hilly 1/2 mile country drive way. I blame the ease to which I've taken running on the increased fluidity of my muscles from the belly dance I've been doing!

ANYWAY, I've noticed that a certain tempo of music keeps me really moving so I tend to listen to techno/euro-dance/dance type tracks when I run. I really like that genre of music, but sometimes I can tune it out since one track often just blends into another. I'd like to mix up my playlist with some other genres of music but don't know where to begin!

Can any runners or gym-people recommend songs to add to my running playlist?

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
Re: Any Runners?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »

I have a hard time listening to music when I run, because I naturally try to match the tempo of the music and the songs I like are off-tempo just enough that I end up with a really bad stride. I've taken to listening to audiobooks when I listen to something.

You could probably do a Google search for "Running playlists" and they'd have some suggestions?
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »

I like Bob Marley songs very upbeat, I bike, walk, hike and do martial arts with light weights.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:53:06 AM »

A little dubstep thrown into a eurotrance list certainly can break the "blend", I've found. JPop works pretty well too (The Pillows, The Seatbelts, L'Arc en Ciel are some of my favs).
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.