Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

Blank Grimoires

<< < (2/4) > >>

ThornUnderleaf:

--- Quote from: Tinevisce on September 24, 2014, 10:44:59 PM ---
@Thorn
They do look lovely, are the pages Fountain pen friendly? Mine is a fairly wet writer.

--- End quote ---

I haven't used a fountain pen with mine yet, but I think the pages should be heavy enough to handle it. They aren't flimsy, that's for certain. :) Whatever you end up getting, I hope it suits your needs.

Crystal Dragon:
Yeah, their stuff isn't cheap ... in any sense of the word.  I don't have any of their sketchbooks, but I do have a number of their journals and they are very nice.  If you decide to splurge (maybe after you've saved up) do check their shipping though, I thought I saw that they us the postal service and don't know if they use tracking numbers or not.

Tinevisce:
https://www.etsy.com/in-en/listing/126077649/personalized-extra-large-a4-leather?ref=favs_view_1

Guys, this is so perfect! Exactly the kind of look and feel I'm looking for. Some of the BOS's I've seen at pagan shops tend to be decorative...don't get me wrong, they're very good looking; it's just that I wouldn't feel comfortable writing in it without formal book illumination. Which for me is a non-existent skill ;)

The link I posted above though....it's sumptuous without having that ornamental feel in it...I feel that my usual handwriting with a juicy fountain pen will be fine for it.

In my inner fluffy bunny's terms, it's the difference between the "Book of Shadows" on Charmed, and the grimoire in "Practical Magic"...bonus points for folks who get both references. :)

ThornUnderleaf:
That's a beautiful journal! Looks like this shop has some good ones... I'll have to see if any are in my price range.

(By the way, "Practical Magic" is one of my favorite movies.  :D )

FairyQueen:

--- Quote from: ThornUnderleaf on September 27, 2014, 02:17:00 AM ---(By the way, "Practical Magic" is one of my favorite movies.  :D )

--- End quote ---

MINE TOO!!

That is a very beautiful book. Dang, that price though... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version