Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

I'm so confused...

(1/6) > >>

SonOfStorms:
I'm so, so very confused right now...I don't know where to put this, and I'm nit sure if it belongs on this forum, but I have nowhere else to go...

You see...for the past few weeks, I have been feeling more and more distant and detached from my gods...Odin, Loki, Freya, Heimdall, Tyr, Baldr, even Thor!! No matter how much I try to pray to them, or try to ask them for some guidance, I get no reply. Not even a hint, or a sign...

Then, just as I felt a bit lost and hopeless, I felt a strange urge to seek someone out...I didn't know who that someone was, at the time, but I searched anyway. After a bit of searching, I was, admittedly, a bit disgusted to find my search had taken me to a website about various angels.

I was about to click the back button, until a certain name caught my eye...the name of an angel. The angel was Samael...

Seeing the name, something inside me urged me to seek out more info on him. From what little info I could gather of him, I discovered that he was different from other angels, with a history of being both good and evil.

This struck me as a bit odd, and being reminded of his connection to Christianity and Yahweh, I thought to stop and stoke my curiosity. However, since I discovered Samael, and read about him, I cant shake the feeling that I have some sort of connection to him...

I hate it...I know his connection with Christianity and everything I've grown to despise, yet I can't shake this feeling of a connection with him...I wish I could say that I feel nothing or care about nothing having to do with him, or the angels, but I can't...

What do I do? I feel like such a traitor... :hairpull:

VisionFromAfar:
From all I've read about the Æsir, they're no strangers to letting their followers learn from other paths ("Ours are not Jealous Gods"   8)), or even at times move on completely. I would tell you thus:

1) Trust the Gods. All of them.
Even if you feel distanced from them, I wouldn't stop offerings or prayers, unless you get a firm "No, thanks." They may have their own reasons which you don't need to know right now (or may never know). The best thing you can do for them and yourself is continue to honor your connections until you get a firm separation from their end. It could be they just want to see how strongly you feel about your own end of these connections.
2) Don't hesitate to use divination (or even ask someone else to use it) if you want confirmation, but don't "Diviner Shop".
If you're unsure about something, divination is how we receive messages best from the Gods and Others. However, if you get a "firm" reading (you or whatever diviner you ask will know what that is and when it happens), don't ask around or keep doing other readings, looking for the answer you want. It's okay to seek clarification, it's not okay to keep asking like a whining child.
3) Trust your instincts.
Be cautious, but don't ignore what you genuinely feel lead to.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." Despite the inherent contradiction  :rolleye:, the statement holds true enough. Don't dismiss anything out of hand due to it's source.
I'll leave off with one last quote, from the Bard himself: "There is more in Heaven and Earth, Horatio..."

SonOfStorms:
Well...I would just say OK, and leave it there...but that brings me to my next problem...

I tried experimenting, praying to Samael himself and asking him for a bit of an opinion in all of this, or maybe drop a hint that he's paying attention, but he ignored me, too...

I searched a but online, and discovered that there are other, more reliable ways of contacting him, but they require hours of prep, and a complicated ritual, with certain offerings and such that I don't have access to. And even if I DID, I would never be able to have the privacy or the time in which to carry out the ritual...

So I'm stone-walled on either end, it seems...

dragonspring:
Unless you are very experienced in ceremonial magic, I would advise steering clear of any ritual that attempts to coerce Samael's  participation.  In my opinion, it is important to show a degree of respect and humility when dealing with entities of his nature. 

Vision has given you some good advice regarding the AEsir.  In addition to trying some divination, meditation might be a good method of figuring out what is going on.  Perhaps Samael has some message for you - if that is the case you will figure out what it is eventually without placing yourself at risk.

SonOfStorms:

--- Quote from: dragonspring on January 05, 2015, 08:09:56 AM ---Unless you are very experienced in ceremonial magic, I would advise steering clear of any ritual that attempts to coerce Samael's  participation.  In my opinion, it is important to show a degree of respect and humility when dealing with entities of his nature. 

Vision has given you some good advice regarding the AEsir.  In addition to trying some divination, meditation might be a good method of figuring out what is going on.  Perhaps Samael has some message for you - if that is the case you will figure out what it is eventually without placing yourself at risk.

--- End quote ---

Good point...I don't know anything about ritualistic summoning or contacting, much less angelic rituals.

But I'm honestly a bit skeptical...I don't really know what to expect from Samael. From what very little I could find on him, mixed, differed, contradicted, and scattered around the internet, he has a 50/50 chance of either being a good, yet grim, archangel of death, who protects mankind. Or a ruthless, evil, blackhearted demon who enjoys torturing mortals and corrupting humans...   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version