Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

I'm so confused...

<< < (3/6) > >>

SonOfStorms:

--- Quote from: dragonspring on January 12, 2015, 11:18:56 AM ---I am probably speaking to deaf ears, but I would caution against falling into the traps of magical thinking and confirmation bias, especially when dealing with a dark entity such as Samael.  If one proceeds incautiously based on incorrect assumptions, it could lead to serious negative consequences.

--- End quote ---

Oh, dont worry, I'm quite cautious. I'm not gonna do anything stupid, dont worry. I might be grateful for what might be a good deed done by Samael, but I'm not gonna suddenly start worshiping him and invite him into my house. I'm smarter than I look.  :D (I think...)

SonOfStorms:
I'll give it some time and see if any of the gods show any red flags, and let me know that I'm just an assuming idiot, or if there's some sort of info I'm missing.

VisionFromAfar:
Not to sound like a nag (but I'm totally willing to  :nono:), have you done(/had done for you) any divination on this?
Divination and omens are the clearest way to get messages from the Gods, and having someone else give you a reading without pointing them in a direction ("Why am I feeling distant from the Gods?" instead of "Why do the Gods want me working with Someone else?" or "I feel Someone is reaching out to me, is this true?" instead of "When do I start learning ceremonial magic to work with So-n-So?") can be the biggest ally against confirmation bias. I cannot recommend it enough.

Crystal Dragon:
I think you missed the point DS was trying to make.

If anyone tries hard enough, they can connect any event, tragedy, bit of good or bad luck, or even an argument with a family member or friend with deity, angels, or anything else "supernatural" in nature.

And when someone chooses to see connections that may not be there, and decides to attempt to connect with any being not of our realm, they open themselves up to other entities who may pretend to be what they are looking for ... and frequently the results are very, very bad.

From what you've posted in this thread, it appears to us that you are attempting to make connections that likely do not exist.

SonOfStorms:

--- Quote from: VisionFromAfar on January 12, 2015, 01:48:06 PM ---Not to sound like a nag (but I'm totally willing to  :nono:), have you done(/had done for you) any divination on this?
Divination and omens are the clearest way to get messages from the Gods, and having someone else give you a reading without pointing them in a direction ("Why am I feeling distant from the Gods?" instead of "Why do the Gods want me working with Someone else?" or "I feel Someone is reaching out to me, is this true?" instead of "When do I start learning ceremonial magic to work with So-n-So?") can be the biggest ally against confirmation bias. I cannot recommend it enough.

--- End quote ---

I can't...I have a house full of Christians and Atheists who would think I'm crazy if I hired someone to help me with divination... :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version