Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

Reasons for Getting Into the Craft

<< < (3/3)

Tinevisce:

--- Quote from: thegeekwitch on October 12, 2015, 01:06:58 AM ---I certainly started from the "fluffy" aspects of the Craft.  I was 11 or 12 years old, had just seen "The Craft" with my sister (6 years my senior) and wanted to do what these chicks in the movie were doing, basically.  Around this time was when we also got the internet on our home computer,  so a lot of my time was spend on Witchvox and other witchy websites (some of them not so great, in hindsight) and I started writing things down, copying things out of library books, etc. and building my Book of Shadows.

It wasn't till after the first 12 months or so that I came to realise there was a spiritual aspect to the Craft, and so I studied more and more about it, and that lead me to Wicca and learning the basic principles of it.  I identified as Wiccan for probably the first 6-7 years, until I realised I was veering off a Wiccan path to what I call a more Eclectic Pagan way of thinking/being.  After meeting with local Pagans in 2008, and learning more and more from a group of people rather than what I could read online or from books, I have since "defined" (bad word because it's certainly not definite!) myself as "Eclectic Pagan with Druidic, Wiccan and Shaman tendancies" :P :P

--- End quote ---

I think The Craft, Practical Magic and Cate Tiernan's Wicca series (Sweep for the US folks, I guess) did it for me. This was a year or so before I had internet at home, and I remember going to cyber cafes (I dunno what they're called outside India- those places you go to for Internet and you pay an hourly rate for surfing and other services) and trawling through witchvox and such like.

The first "spell" I unearthed on the web was a rather involved ritual to promote a bountiful harvest and naturally far, far away from anything that I would ever need to do- I was so bummed thinking about how complicated spells would have to be going by that lone example. :)

Remind me to dig out my old magickal journal the next time I go home...I think I should cut out the pages and paste them on my new Grimoire.

So many happy memories!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version