Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Patron discovery meditation has turned up something ... unexpected ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

BronwynWolf:
My initial thought on the rook was the same as Tirya's: the bird. And white, for me, is a color of the north (snow).

DisreputableMog:
-Update-
Throwing this out there, my first thought was Apollo. The early symbolism of a chariot and archer, and the fire representing the sun.

I admit, though, this only came to me after a lot of research and poking around, and it still feels very far-fetched.

Thank you all so much for your ideas, this is the only thing I've really ever come up grasping straws at, but I am sort of starting from the beginning again.

earthmuffin:
So you meditated with the wish to discover your patron and you got a vision of a rook chess piece?

--- Quote from: Fox on August 02, 2011, 02:31:26 PM ---It is also possible that this is an indication that "your path is clear" and you "can go in any direction" rather than trying to focus on one specific aspect of deity.  Just a thought.

--- End quote ---

This is how I would interpret the answer also. A tower (rook) would be indicative of an aspiration and white usually signifies (at least to me) spirituality or purity.

I would meditate some more with the intent to clarify the message of the rook.

vordan:
I was thinking Mithra.

VisionFromAfar:
Your mention of chariot, coupled with the eating of fire, might suggest Sól (Sunna), the Norse Sun Goddess.

She rides the chariot of the sun, and is chased constantly by the wolf Sköll (son of Fenrir), who will consume her at Ragnarok, after which her daughter will ride the chariot of the sun. There's also mention in the lore of a shield being carried by this chariot (thus making it an armored chariot, akin to the original chess piece):

In a stanza of the poem Grímnismál, Odin says that before the sun is a shield named Svalinn, and if the shield were to fall from its frontal position, mountain and sea "would burn up". - Wikipedia

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version