Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Its time I got somewhere.

(1/13) > >>

Belmont2500:
I've been realizing that although I've been practicing paganism for quite some time. I really haven't gotten anywhere in it, despite how much I've learned. I guess now I figured its time I got serious.

And yes, I made that foolish decision to ask Dragonspring for an apprenticeship when I could have easily posted a thread on the board.

Well I guess I should start from the beginning. Like Diniesaur, I'm 17 and have Aspergers Syndrome. I was born into a Christian family and went along with it for most of my early years and at times, commiting some acts against Nature in the process. When I was 13, I realized the error of my ways and of Christianity in general. Not only that but I recalled two instances of my life when I had strange dreams involving the Greek Earth goddess, Gaia. I cast down any and all aspects of it and attempted to find a new religion and lifestyle I didn't find out about Paganism until I was 15.

So here I am. Asking for guidence.

dragonspring:
What kinds of things do you do to practice?  It would be helpful to know which areas you would like guidance in.

earthmuffin:
And also what you goal is. You say you haven't gotten anywhere. What is it that you want out of it?

Belmont2500:
What I practice? That's a bit hard to explain. I mostly practice meditation, clairvoyance and such. As for my goal, I guess I'm just searching for answers, perhaps about my place in this world and also to restore the balance of nature that was broken ages ago.

Tirya:

--- Quote from: Belmont2500 on May 09, 2012, 06:57:33 PM ---What I practice? That's a bit hard to explain. I mostly practice meditation, clairvoyance and such. As for my goal, I wish to not only find out who I am but also to restore the balance of nature that was broken ages ago.

--- End quote ---

As far as goal-setting goes, that's really, really noble. But my suggestion would be to re-word it to "restore the balance of nature within myself". Focus on the things you can directly affect first - yourself. Then you can think about working on the rest of nature.

As the bumper sticker says, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version