Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Spirit Boards

<< < (3/3)

Mongo:

--- Quote from: anubisa on November 23, 2009, 10:24:34 AM ---When I was young I was stupid, I thought it was fun, but now I realize the power of the spirit boards and I don't want to be responsible for bringing anything negative in my house.

--- End quote ---

The real trick however is not to fear the spirit board. In many ways it's like a gun. In untrained hands it is something very dangerous. However, properly trained in its use and trained out of the fear of it, the wielder of the gun can earn money for his family (I used to make some nice extra money every month by competing in 1,000 yard bench competitions), can feed his family (hunting), and in extreme cases defend it.

A spirit board is very similar in respect to the dangers of the untrained use of a gun. Untrained, one can open doorways and let things in that aren't supposed to be here. But shown due respect and operated with proper training and caution, a spirit board can be used as a very potent form of divination.

I cannot use a spirit board. Not because I don't know how to, not because I don't have the ability to ward and shield, not because I don't have the ability to confront various nasties and toss their butts back through the doorway...simply because I do not have a talent for divination.

Another analogy is something I am good at. I'm an avid ghost hunter. This means that for some daft reason, I go looking for trouble. Frequently find it too. If I were just someone who does it because it sounds fun to to traipsing through a cemetery at midnight, then it is again like a the untrained doinking around with a spirit board. One could dredge up some rather unsavory and irritated spirits.

However I learned what I need to do to keep things active but calm. I know how to go through hotspots and get my images and readings...without honking off the locals (both spiritual and mundane). I also know what to do should I run across something that's not happy.

In short, I do not fear the activity, I respect the activity and am prepared for what may come of it.

6 years hunting and all my party has come away with is some soap in the mouth...must be doing something right  :D

vordan:
I do love the art work on some of the upscale boards that you can find. I use one as a extension of my own psychic awareness but not to contact spirits. I will run my hand over it and try to get a feel for the answer, since my hands are very sensitive to impressions. ( As in all things spiritual if a hardcore rationalist stumbles upon these boards just substitute delusional for words like psychic, spirits, God and ect, it will make you sleep better at night.) A pendulum seems to work well upon them for this purpose also. I don't feel any need to call spirits with a spirit board since they are around us all the time. If anything since some entities are not truthful, I would distrust those that I would contact with a board in the traditional manner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version