Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Spirit Boards

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tirya:
I was listening to an interesting discussion on spirit boards some years ago. If the people using the board view it as "a game" then that's likely what they're going to attract - entitites that are looking to "play". But their definition of "play" is different than ours...

Crystal Dragon:
Very, very true.  :crazylaugh:

Mongo:
It's all part and parcel with a problem that many young people and new people sometimes have. A lack of visualization. This is a problem they have in spell casting as well as spirit boards as well.

They don't visualize in their mind (or at least have a clear concept) what they want to achieve and thus toss out the line with the spirit board or just cast random spells out into the ether and hope for the best.

And as we all know, magic doesn't work well left to its own devices without guidance. You need to define what you are trying to achieve otherwise anything can happen for good or for ill.

Many people with spirit boards for the first time either try to contact "anything" and thus letting anything in, or they try and contact the only dead relative they know of...which when you're young, you might know of recently dead uncle Henry, but if you don't really know him well enough to visualize him or his spirit you cannot be sure of whom you're really contacting.

Things out there can read your mind when you're opening yourself and can easily play "Uncle Henry" if you don't really know him.

And this is where people get into trouble.

Banrion_Lile:
I see spirit boards as another tool of divination. Which, I'm personal not big on. I do from time to time use my Ogham Sticks and own a deck of tarot cards and a scrying mirror, but in all honesty I don't use any of them as much as I thought I would when purchasing or making those those tools. I think generally I know the answers to my questions deep down if I'm honest with myself, but from time to time, these methods of divination to help assist me in focusing and coming to a conclusion.

With any type of divination it is important to be cautious and if your involving any type of spirit or entity it, I feel it should be done in the safety of a Circle.

anubisa:
I agree with you CD. When my sister and I were young, we had a ouija, and we did have an experience with it once, after that I never used it again. When I was young I was stupid, I thought it was fun, but now I realize the power of the spirit boards and I don't want to be responsible for bringing anything negative in my house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version