Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Pagan 101

<< < (4/7) > >>

DragonsFriend:
I know people who hear, feel, taste, smell and see energy. Different people perceive energy differently. I know one person who seems to be completely blind to energy. He accepts that it is there and that what he does works but can in no way perceive it at all. I can tell you that once a shield is in place for more than a few minutes I ignore it. It is like my skin, I notice it when I get a scrape but otherwise it is just part of me.

I wish I could have each of you in a class. It is always rewarding when the "light" comes on and people begin to acknowledge their potential.

earthmuffin:
I think I have been quite impaired with energy sensing-- partially due to my upbringing in science and partially because I have had some rather significant energy blockages in my body. I'm getting a bit better though now.

DragonsFriend:
Earthmuffin,
I was also very much the logic/science end of the spectrum but I was also an emotional empath. I knew that energy surrounded us I just never thought about controlling it. Once I became aware I began "playing" with it constantly. It is like everything else in life, the more you use it the stronger it becomes. I begin my energy classes with an explanation of energy (very science based) and then the ways that you can affect it. Centering and grounding are the first exercises followed by the three major sources and then building energy spheres between partners. The home work is to center and ground until it becomes second nature. Then building energy spheres on your own until that comes easily. It is a process of building on each step until you get so used to the energy work that it becomes like anything else in your life.
When you first start driving you have to constantly work to see all the signs, keep the car in your lane, use the turn signal and all the rest but when you do it for a while it all becomes automatic. Using energy is much the same. at first it is a lot of work and little things distract you but after you have built on your successes it all becomes a very natural thing.

earthmuffin:
Thanks, DF. I do practice Tai Chi fairly regularly and have taken karate in the past. Through those two things, I learned to ground and use my own energy fairly well. Where I have still have problems seems to stem from the fact that I have a lot of pain and blocked chi, which makes it more difficult to sense energy. Also, for a long time I misunderstood that some of the tai chi exercises and things such as circle casting and shielding require the use of external energy. I may also have empathic tendencies or at very least am very sensitive. I think I have spent my life trying to numb myself to bombardment with certain energies.  Any tips you might have for me are  much appreciated.

DragonsFriend:
Find a quiet place and center and ground daily. When that comes easily (second nature) then begin a MedLax routine. Just fifteen minutes a day after centering and grounding meditate through relaxation for the sole purpose of doing nothing. Clear your mind or focus on your body and DO nothing for that fifteen minutes. Remember that calm feeling as you go about the rest of your day.
After four weeks of that let me know how you are feeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version