Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Pagan 101

<< < (2/7) > >>

Tinevisce:
I've never had the opportunity to take formal classes for energy work/witchcraft, and I wouldn't have had the resources (money, transportation, etc) for it even if classes were offered. That, and the fact that most local practitioners here would come from left hand paths which I wouldn't want to get involved in at this juncture in my life, pretty much ensures that almost all of my studies are undertaken alone with help from books and the wonderful people here. :)

That said- and why do I keep saying that so much- I do know what topics I'd love to learn about if I ever took a Wicca 101 class:

a) Along with the basic grounding and centering skills, learning exactly why they're so important makes sense to me. That is to say, what are the consequences of not having a proper foundation with these skills later on in someone's spiritual path.

b) Perception of energy and developing those senses. On paper, different kinds of energies "feel" different to us...but it becomes quite difficult sometimes to separate when the way something makes us feel has its source inside us or is a valid energetic perception.

c) Like EM said, basic shielding skills. More than that, a walk-through of how likely/unlikely psychic attacks are.

All of those points seem to be covered in your class, so looks like something I'd love to join :D

DragonsFriend:
Long ago I tried to put on classes through E-mail or on a site but it is difficult and much more time consuming to do classes in that way. I charge very little for my open classes and that is usually just for the handouts or materials.

Basic centering and grounding keeps you from being drained when using energy as it connects you to the Earth energy to replenish what you use. It also serves to keep you in a spiritual mind-frame so it is easier to drop the physical and emotional garbage when working with energy.
Psychic attacks are rare. A lot more rare than our own subconscious beatings. Shielding wont have any effect on those issues. We use shielding to keep unpleasant energies under control more than as a means to avoid attacks. We all know at least one person whose energy is just not in tune with our own. They might be wonderful people or a little troubled but every time we are around them we feel like we need to bathe or slap them. A shield is a way to be able to interact with those people without their energy signature interfering with us. NOTE: There are likely folks who feel the same way about your energy too. A "Bug Zapper" shield is great for that situation.
If you raise a shield because you are feeling uncomfortable and it is ineffective it is time time to look in a mirror and see what is going on inside.

Tinevisce:

--- Quote ---If you raise a shield because you are feeling uncomfortable and it is ineffective it is time time to look in a mirror and see what is going on inside.
--- End quote ---

So true! As a novice though, I find it difficult to ascertain if a shield or similar energetic construct is ineffectual because of improper construction or because it can't block something that's coming from the inside :)

earthmuffin:

--- Quote from: Tinevisce on October 01, 2015, 06:04:38 PM ---
--- Quote ---If you raise a shield because you are feeling uncomfortable and it is ineffective it is time time to look in a mirror and see what is going on inside.
--- End quote ---

So true! As a novice though, I find it difficult to ascertain if a shield or similar energetic construct is ineffectual because of improper construction or because it can't block something that's coming from the inside :)

--- End quote ---

:yeahthat: I have a very difficult time believing/feeling like the shield is working for more than a few seconds at a time. I don't know if it is a problem with "suspension of disbelief," with sensing energy or with visualization.

DragonsFriend:
I wore a shield for so long it became a part of me. I knew it was there at times but most of the time it was concealing all my energy from anyone outside. It was an energy invisibility shield that protected me during the chaos of the 70s. When I finally brought it down I was immediately recognized by one of the elders who was an instrument of destruction in those years. He attempted to destroy my reputation but in his attempt he actually increased my popularity among most other parts of the Pagans in the area.

That is just to let you know that unless you are using your personal energy for a shield you might not be very aware of it. I rarely use personal energy for shielding. The one exception is my "screen door" shield. Some call it a "Bug Zapper" which is an easy name to remember but a bit misleading.

Here is how to construct the "Screen Door" shield:
Screen Door Shield

A personal energy shield for protection against annoying energies.

Center and ground and bring yourself to a visualization state.
Visualize any annoying insect. See that as an irritating or uncomfortable energy. Then think about a screen door. It is used to keep out annoying insects, and when they run into it SLAPP! The annoyance can't get through and peace returns. Unwanted or erratic energy is like a swarm of bugs. We are going to stop the bugs.

Take your personal energy and form a field of energy around you. Form it so that your aura is completely covered with it. When you have that field in place you want to charge it with your signature. Pour your energy into it and fill it in so there are no holes. When you are comfortable that it is in place and complete, name it. Call it “Bug Zapper”  or “screen door” or another descriptive word that you will think of when you feel annoyed by someone's energy. Build a box or tray in your mind and label it with the name of your shield. Roll the shield up and place it in the box or tray. Now it is no longer in place it is in storage for when you need to call on it.
This is the magik behind the screen door; Anytime you call on it it unfolds and is perfectly in place. The name you give it activates its use. It is transparent to energy that is compatible but “buggy” energy can't get through. You are using “power words” to initiate a shield that is premade for a specific purpose.

Practice using the “screen Door” as often as you like. Get used to using it quickly and “on demand”. This is training for you and the shield. You should work with it until it is second nature to you just like hugging yourself when you are chilled.

Be sure to center and ground after the shield is in place because it is using your energy and you will need to replenish that energy or wind up feeling drained and a little scattered yourself.

What are the consequences of using this shield?
The most obvious is that it uses your personal energy so it will tire you unless you recharge. Others, especially those sensitive, may see you as being closed or less approachable, so only use it when needed and then for the shortest time. Don't use it when meeting new people until you can recognize who you need to use it with.
Most others can still sense your energy but amplified because you have it out there “in their face”. It might make you seem “fake”.

No shield will protect you if you have physical contact with a person. I try to shake hands with people and if they are open to it there is a direct connection formed. No shield will work until that connection is removed. More on that later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version