General Topics > General Chat

Sesame Street

(1/4) > >>

Mongo:
There are no words that I can describe how I feel about this.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/04/sesame.street.anniversary/index.html

Well there are, but I can't use them here.

dragonspring:
Hmmm...I'm really not sure how I feel about it.

Wolfsrain:
See this makes me just as annoyed as I was in class when I learned that Neil Postman despised Sesame Street.

--- Quote ---Today, Cookie Monster's diet is much more balanced, as he has adopted the philosophy that cookies are a "sometimes food." Cookie coincidentally changed his tune in 2006 amidst reports that childhood obesity had reached epidemic proportions.
--- End quote ---

THIS makes me incredibly angry. Okay, children learn and mimic and take after what they see. So do parrots. Not saying a child is like a parrot, but if I fed my freakin' parrot McDonald's every day, well my parrot would be dead, but my point is I'm TIRED of parents in this country blaming everything and anything for their faults. Tell your child NO. I watched Sesame Street as a kid. Cookie Monster ATE EVERYTHING. Lo and behold I never tried to consume a telephone and when my mother told me no more cookies I may have whined, but did that get me a whole package of cookies to sit with on my lap? No. Sesame Street may have not been as "clean cut" as it appears now, and SURE those two hippie sounding guys who discovered a plant needed water sounded like they were not quite with it, but at least it had some kind of substance. I'm sorry man, but I watched Sesame Street and the Little Mermaid until the VHS turned white and I read, I wanted to learn things, I didn't gnaw away on mcgriddle wrappers or tea cups, and I never climbed inside a trash can in search of my green buddy. Now what they SHOULD do is end these sanity forsaken shows like Yo Gabba Gabba, marketing geniuses! Hey let's make a show about nonsense, call it educational and name it relatively after what it sounds like a baby says! That way when their toddler garbles with their fist in their mouth, the parent will purchase all the videos, toys and other nonsense! I want those (breathes to change choice of words) moron's bank account number. Children's television has gone (again choosing...) completely down the tubes. Promoting imagination, my elbow...

Okay. I'm relatively finished. There's more inside of me. But I'll be here all night.

BronwynWolf:
Wolfie.... I LOVE YOU!

bluefire:
Yes, great response, Wolfie.

What a bunch of foolishness. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version