General Topics > General Chat

Sesame Street

<< < (2/4) > >>

AmberRaven:
Hell I remember when people SMOKED on Sesame Street!  Yet...I didn't run right out and buy a pack of cigs!

My child is Obese, but I do NOT let him sit with bags of cookies or candy.  He gets told NO MORE FOOD. As hard as it is to see him angry and complain he's still hungry I have to cut him off.  And I to am tired of parents blaming others for faults of their own.  Could I have done something earlier to prevent Nathan's obesity...maybe or maybe not.  But its OUR job to educate OUR children.  Not Sesame Streets job, Not what ever is the popular show at the time. 

Fox:

--- Quote from: BronwynWolf on November 06, 2009, 08:19:19 AM ---Wolfie.... I LOVE YOU!

--- End quote ---

Ditto!  I'm sick of these sanitized shows that they are always making for kids.  There are a few out there, but not very many.  I used to adore SS and spent hours watching it when my brother actually let me have the TV.  It is no wonder there are so many kids out there that don't know one lick about taking responsibility for their actions.  Sheesh.

earthmuffin:
Apparently humor isn't PC anymore. Cookie Monster is supposed to be funny. You would think that is self-evident.

Crystal Dragon:

--- Quote from: earthmuffin on November 06, 2009, 10:33:21 AM ---Apparently humor isn't PC anymore. Cookie Monster is supposed to be funny. You would think that is self-evident.

--- End quote ---

It was to me.  Oh, and any humor at all isn't PC.  Isn't it about time we leash and muzzle the PC police?  :brickwall:

vordan:
I think the Cookie Monster was the best character on the show. He had a absolute passion for what he was interested in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version