General Topics > General Chat

Personal responsibility

(1/3) > >>

DragonsFriend:
I was taught that personal responsibility was part of the pagan path. It is one of my guiding principals.
Is it a part of your path? If so what limits do you place on it?

Crystal Dragon:
I was taught that personal responsibility is part of being human ... regardless of path.

There are no limits to personal responsibility.  You make a choice, you live with it.

Sadly, our society appears to have gone in the opposite direction ... or perhaps only those who behave like entitled brats are noteworthy.  I'd like to think that the majority of individuals are responsible for their choices and actions but I just don't see it much of the time.

Eternal Seeker:

I addressed personal responsibility here http://paganjourneys.com/index.php?topic=1579.msg26406#msg26406

peace,
ES

DragonsFriend:

--- Quote from: Crystal Dragon on May 01, 2016, 03:34:42 PM ---I was taught that personal responsibility is part of being human ... regardless of path.

There are no limits to personal responsibility.  You make a choice, you live with it.

Sadly, our society appears to have gone in the opposite direction ... or perhaps only those who behave like entitled brats are noteworthy.  I'd like to think that the majority of individuals are responsible for their choices and actions but I just don't see it much of the time.

--- End quote ---

This is the way that I feel about personal responsibility as well. If I, or someone else, messes up and finds themselves in too deep, a hand up is sometimes required, but if they make themselves a victim to get hand outs it is no longer ok. Like you, I think there are too many who cast themselves as victims so they will be "taken care of" while hating the very system they use.
I have put myself in bad situations that I have needed help to get out of and thankfully I have had family and friends to help out. I had to do the work and pay back money and felt that I should pay the kindness as well. I learned from my life that one chooses to be a victim or not and that choice is what defines you.

dragonspring:
I feel much the same way about personal responsibility and the victim mentality.  It took some years for me to figure out the latter but I am much happier for it.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version