Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **Yahoo Email Users**  (Read 17283 times)

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
**Yahoo Email Users**
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »

Apparently Yahoo isn't liking our new mail server and is deferring any mail sent to a yahoo email address from Pagan Journeys.  I'm attempting to get this issue straightened out, but I'm honestly not sure I'm going to be able to.  If you are using a yahoo email address, you may not receive any notifications from this board.

I will keep everyone posted on this issue.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: **Yahoo Email Users**
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »

Oh man.  That sucks...
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Fox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »

Yeah.  I'm not a happy about this one bit.  It is the second place that had my sever blacklisted.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »

Is it just PJ, or everything you moved? If your Shades customers on Yahoo aren't going to be able to get email notifications - and the hosting company didn't tell you that one of the largest email systems on the net was going to become unavailable - imo it may be time to go through the hassle of movig to another hosting company instead of hamstringing your ability to transact with your client base.
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »

Is your new server blocking emails to Yahoo, or is Yahoo blocking emails from your server?  I know it is common practice to block incoming emails from ISPs that allow spammers to operate and I'm wondering if that's what's going on here ...
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Fox

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:27 PM »

At this point, everything from my server IP is getting deferred.  I am going to give it the weekend to try and work itself out and go from there.

In the meantime, anyone that is using a Yahoo email account on Journeys may or may not get notifications.  It appears that some (not all) are still getting through, but not in a reasonable time frame.  If you wish to change the email associated with your user, that is always an option.

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Knowledge Seeker
  • Dream Chaser
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:09:04 AM »

I hope it gets worked out, Yahoo is my primary email account. I don't even use my AOL or Hotmail most of the time.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Thoreau

Fox

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »

I use Yahoo for all of my internet email and I've really liked it because I actually get a pop up from the messenger when I have an email.  I am seriously looking into other options after this mess and what I've managed to find out about it.

From what I've been able to tell, this "deferring" of emails is incredibly common for Yahoo and is a huge problem.  They devised a system, DomainKeys, that they demanded email services use as a way to authenticate emails, even though there was already a well established system in place that was not a proprietary software.  The purpose of this along with several other settings they demanded be made in email servers was to prevent your servers from becoming "deferred" or deprioritized (basically they just wouldn't allow the emails to go through until they felt like it, if they felt like it).

Even after almost all services complied with their bogus standards, there were no changes or improvements.  They were still having tons of issues with no explanation as to why other than Yahoo users had complained about emails that were being sent and marking them as spam.  The services that got dinged then had to spend weeks or months jumping through hoops and not getting any responses or resolutions from Yahoo about fixing the problem.

For some reason, the ISP for my server that holds all of my domains has been marked or has received complaints from Yahoo users (and from what I can tell, that can be as little as a single person marking an email as spam) and is now in this black hole of little to no emails being allowed through to Yahoo users.  It is apparently hit or miss as to the users that are getting them and when and if they do get them.  I've been told by one member that they are getting all of their notifications.  I get them here and there.  They are usually hours late and I know I'm not getting all of them.

The error that my host gave me as the one that was showing in my logs for Yahoo states that it is often a temporary issue and will clear in a few days.  Hopefully that is the case and things will go back to business as usual.  I have found suggestions online that people add the email addresses to their contact list in Yahoo in an effort to ensure that Yahoo doesn't see mail from that address as spam.  I've tried this with my account and it doesn't appear to be working, but it definitely can't hurt.

If this hasn't cleared up by Monday, I will attempt to submit the forms to Yahoo and start jumping through hoops, but I'm not hopeful at this point.  It is just a nasty, ugly situation and I will do what I can, but I cannot promise anything at this point.

I do apologize to everyone.  I know we have a lot of Yahoo users.

Fox

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »

It appears that notifications are now going through!  :yeah: :groovin:

There may still be a delay, but they don't appear to be getting blocked anymore.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »

Cool.  I just got one from the 23rd...
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Fox

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »

When I logged in this morning I had over 80 emails.  All ranging from the 23rd through the 25th.  :rotflmao:

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:57 PM »

I told you Yahoo doesn't play well with others. We had similar trouble the other way, with our CUUPs Yahoo group not sending the mail to hotmail, gmail, etc..

peace,
ES
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 27 queries.