Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebirth of lost friendships  (Read 9443 times)

DragonsFriend

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Arratu, evolved from the Sumerian myths & practice
Rebirth of lost friendships
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »

My wife and I moved to this little town in south eastern Washington just over three years ago. We have spent some time trying to find Pagan folks to connect with mostly unsuccessfully. But as often happens we have been rewarded with a "Pagans in the Park" meet and greet. I have prepared some food to take for the pot-luck and made up a list of ingredients for the two loaves of bread and the Chicken soup. In my preparations over the last week I realized that for the first time in many years no one will know me by name or reputation. I made some calls to old friends and was rewarded with such enthusiasm that it made me homesick (well almost) for Seattle.

I should tell you that one loaf is a standard sourdough loaf to complement the soup and the other loaf is a cinnamon sourdough loaf for a dessert treat.
I am just about ready but I am staying up way too late for my own good. So, I bid you all a restful night and a marvelous day. I will try to take some time after the event to let you know how it all went.
A mature witch's life should reflect the balance of the universe

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
Re: Rebirth of lost friendships
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »

Local pagans are good to meet they know all the most beautiful places to visit. In my town where I grew up I know where all the waterfalls are and where the best old stands of trees are, the quiet places along the river, the best prairies, where you will see  turtles and frogs, where the wildflowers are best in the spring.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

DragonsFriend

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:24:34 AM »

What a wonderful time we had! Of the 80 that had committed to be there there was forty that attended. All great folks and most very new to Paganism.
Most are looking for classes and guidance. A lot of women were interested in getting together with my wife for a women's group. There were a few who felt the need for immediate help in healing and energy work and we even had representatives from the military. I am going to have to begin with the basic classes and teach ethics and etiquette. People from their early twenties to folks who are over their mid forties were all together for a chance to learn and grow. I am going to be a busy man. I am going to try to find a place to host classes because the only pagan store in town has no space. I will begin by checking with the library and I have some other potential free venues but if all else fails I will teach in my home. We have a room that would be perfect if we moved some nonessentials. Would anyone like to donate some folding chairs? ;)
It looks like I am going to be a busy little Pagan for a time. I am looking forward to having our first ritual, after they learn to prepare themselves for the flow of energy. Perhaps the Winter Solstice would be fitting. ending the old and beginning the new.

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »

Sounds great. Glad you found a nice community to serve. :) I hope you will continue to contribute here as well.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

DragonsFriend

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »

I believe I can do both.
As this community grows on me it will become a family as well.
Meeting face to face would be better but that would be difficult with members spread all over the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.