Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions  (Read 8959 times)

Stormjester

• Spiritual Path: Wicca
Permissions
« on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

I have recently had to deal with the issue of occult permissions. I am tempted to say that magickally, no one has any permissions to me whatsoever. However, does this mean that my occult order, namely Wicca, does not have permissions to do whatever a religion mihht do, like provide halps, etc?

The official statement I came up with is: Nobody has permissions to me whatsoever, except whatever permissions are necessary through my occult order, which is Wicca.

What do you all think?

Be Blessed!

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
Re: Permissions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »

Please define "occult permission?" I admit I am rather confused as to exactly what you are asking.
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Unitarian Universalist Pagan Witch
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:55:09 AM »

Please define "occult permission?" I admit I am rather confused as to exactly what you are asking.

:yeahthat:

Stormjester

• Spiritual Path: Wicca
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »

Basically people having "permission" to cast spells, affect you psychically, etc. I would use the term "magickal permission", but then that could perhaps be. Construed to mean you can't cast spells, but could somehow be able to affect me "in some other" way psychically. Of course some might argue that all psychic abilities are magick, but then is that the "true definition? You see how it gets thorny! :P

Be Blessed!

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »

I don't know that something like this works well ... a lot of it depends on the intent of whomever you want to keep out and how skilled they are at manipulating energy.  Think of it like this - you can claim that no one can physically harm you, but if you were to antagonize the wrong person they can still punch you and break your nose if they are strong enough and/or a skilled boxer.

Energetic ties are impossible to completely cut and a person highly skilled in directing energy could (assuming their ethics allow them to harm another) get around most anything anyone can do to prevent it.

IMHO the best course is to stay centered, use appropriate shielding techniques, and deal with the individual oddities as needed.  Also, if you aren't behaving in a manner that pisses people off and aren't sending our "victim here" vibes, nothing else is needed. ;)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »

:yeahthat:
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

Think of some people as having very strong kundalini energy, if you piss off such a person they will direct that energy toward you sometimes without even meaning to, permission or not. Some of the greatest people of power I have run across were little old Pentecostal Church women from the hills, they no more thought of themselves as witches then my dog but what they prayed would happen for they had the energy. So don't break any hearts or treat people wrong and neither they nor the universe shall cause you much grief.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.