Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling Active Energy in Places You Weren't Expecting  (Read 10678 times)

Tinevisce

• Apprentice
  • Mood: excited
  • Spiritual Path: Hindu Shaktite, with Eclectic Occult Influences
  • As above, so below
Feeling Active Energy in Places You Weren't Expecting
« on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »

So a weird/cool thing happened today when I visited the National Museum here in Calcutta (after more than a decade, I think I was 10 the last time I went there!) and they had an extensive gallery dedicated to Buddhist and Hindu rock sculptures from Central/Eastern India dating from around 200 BCE- same vein as in the Ajanta-Ellora complexes.

So I was having a ton of fun browsing the exhibits when I came across a pair of "Buddha Offering Protection" statues, set up facing each other. Here's a picture:

Walking between them, and facing either statue, I could feel this shift in energy- sort of like a draft of energy between the statues? It was sort of like a stern kind of a warding energy- not menacing per se, but palpably forceful. Like, it-would-be-a-good-idea-to-bow-down-now sort of an energy. I'm no Heathen, so DS or GW will have to correct me if I'm mistaken, but it felt like the kind of energy Aegisjalmur would invoke.

Thoughts, opinions, discussions? :)
"Better not to send at all,
Then to pledge overmuch"

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
Re: Feeling Active Energy in Places You Weren't Expecting
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »

Eh, the Helm of Awe is more about panic and fear, that last little bit that tips the enemy on the other side of the shield wall to flee the field in terror. Your experience is still cool tho. :D
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
Re: Feeling Active Energy in Places You Weren't Expecting
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:47:36 AM »

My local art museum has two items that give me odd vibes. One is an old Jainist shrine and the other is a very old African mask. Some objects seem to absorb energy over time is my thought. They are made with devotion and they become objects of power through belief like thoughtforms..
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.